Thursday 27 April 2006

Yoga troubleshooter wanted

I was having really great time doing yoga this morning. Everything went just fine, I was centered and in sync with my inner self and all that - until I attempted to do this one:


A yoga torture posture from hell, as far as I'm concerned. I couldn't possibly lift my legs, head and chest simultaneously if my life depended on it.

This is what my handbook says about this asana: "The solar plexus area is revitalised and the massaging and stretching of the abdominal area relieves the sensations of anxiety we sometimes feel in the abdomen. [...] Toxins and tension are released from the organs helping them to work more effectively."

Well, those nasty toxins seem to have gone straight to my head, because I feel totally frustrated about not being able to pull it off, after months of practise. I know yoga is all about patience and slow progress, but for the love of...

No comments:

Post a Comment